How to Use Different Types of Content When Marketing Your Small Business (Infographic)
Unless you’ve lived under a rock for the past 6 years, you’ve probably heard about using content marketing to promote your small business.
However, with all the noise online, content marketing has gotten harder. Back in 2013, there were around 92,000 new articles posted on the internet every day. Today, there are more brands than ever creating content.
How can your small business compete? By being smart about the different types of content you use.
Your Goals Should Drive the Types of Content You Use
Content has the ability to educate, entertain, inspire, and convince. And, as the infographic from Smart Insight below shows, some types of content are suited for specific purposes.
To increase your chances of achieving your desired results, using the right type of content can make a real difference. For example, if you’re trying to:
- Attract attention, entertaining types of content like quizzes, contests and viral videos work best.
- Inform, use content like ebooks, guides, and infographics to educate your customers.
- Build trust, use inspiring content like celebrity endorsements, reviews, and community forums.
- Convert, then content like demos, case studies, and calculators do the trick.
This is not to say that you can’t use entertaining content to convince or inspiring content to entertain, but playing to the strengths of each type of content can impact your results. Therefore, the best use of this infographic is for planning your content campaigns so they’ll be as effective as possible.
Content Marketing Tips
Want to learn more about content marketing? Here are some handy links:
- Are You Making These 6 Content Marketing Mistakes?
- 3 Steps to Performing Content Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
- 8 Essential Tweaks to Supercharge Your Content Marketing Efforts
- 35 Steps to Better Content Marketing That Generates Sales
- 5 Ways to Take Risks in Content Marketing
- 10 Tips to Boost Your Content Marketing
- The 5 Most Sought-After Types of Content to Curate on Your Social Media Pages
- 3 Tips for Reaching B2B Customers with Content Marketing
Content Marketing Tools
Looking for useful content marketing tools to make your more efficient? Here are two links that should help:
Source: Smart Insights
Creating Content Photo via Shutterstock
On – 25 Apr, 2017 By Matt Mansfield