Dan Sturdivant Resume
DIGITAL MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
(SEO, SEM, SOCIAL MEDIA, PROMOTION & DIGITAL REPUTATION MANAGEMENT)
Digital marketing professional with over 20 years of experience in developing communication strategies that increase search engine results, brand reach, and reputation for agency clients.
Strong foundation in all phases of digital marketing, with an ability to deliver multi-channel business-driving solutions. Well-versed in strategy and ideation development, video production for social media, SEO, online reputation, & competitive analysis. Proven leadership providing digital marketing services, creative design, and team management across market and target segments.
- Improved online reputation
Repair and enhance the online reputation for American Home Shield through the distribution of positive consumer data and postings that increased positive sentiment.
- Produced social media videos which lead to increased sales and reduced customer service calls
Produced unscripted videos for American Home Shield, Terminix, and ServiceMaster Restore. Videos were designed to improve organic search, offer customer assistance, and increase brand reach.
- Managed and increased agency financial performance
Managed and improved the P&L performance of Speakeasy’s two largest clients (American Home Shield and Terminix) as well as oversight for additional clients.
- Ability to recognize and grow junior talent
Consistently recruit, hire, supervise, and support the development of team members through coaching and leadership, which prepares them to assume more significant levels of responsibility and improved performance.
- A well-rounded career with creative and account management leadership positions across the following verticals; technology (B-to-B and consumer), home services, for-profit education and craft (quilting/knitting).
- Expert knowledge managing strategy and implementation of various digital marketing disciplines including search engine optimization, social media, content, and video marketing.
- Managed multi-million dollar budgets and small fee-based projects.
- Currently teaching Search Engine Optimization & Marketing Strategies at SMU’s CAPE program and in the past I was adjunct faculty at Collin College.
Currently, I am teac part-time at SMU CAPE (Search Engine Optimization & Marketing Strategies) and the Search Engine Academy Texas.
Collin Digital Media, LLC
Consulting 2016 – Present
Digital marketing consulting and project management services (SEO, social media, content marketing, and strategy development) for clients. Below are highlights:
- Curtis Mathes Help re-brand iconic TV-console brand to a LED light bulb brand
- HEMPd Developed & managed the initial strategy and implementation of brand launch
- I Am Zeus Transportation (Trucker Driver) Recruitment site
Speakeasy – Social Media Agency
Director- Consulting Group 2012 – 2016
Speakeasy, LLC was a social media and content marketing agency which provided strategy and digital marketing fulfillment services for local and national clients.
- Grew the American Home Shield account from a $300k annual budget (2014) to over $1mm in services (2016) and $3mm in Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social media advertising
- Evangelized strategies, tactics, and service offerings, helping increase agency revenue.
- Managed three direct reports (account director, content marketing manager, and fulfillment associates) as well as office support staff including sales, editorial, and creative.
- Ideated and manage the production of videos for placement on YouTube and Facebook.
Wright IMCVP Marketing Operations 2011 – 2012
WrightIMC provides integrated marketing services including design, social media, content marketing, and SEO/SEM services.
- Supported sales and fulfillment by providing expertise and advice to clients and staff concerning current trends, best practices, and optimal solutions.
EnversaContent Marketing Manager 2007 – 2010
Enversa was a digital direct marketing agency that provided innovative approaches to gaining new customers for clients. Services include performance media, microsites, email, search engine, and social media optimization.
- Ideation, creative direction and management, implementation of processes, and supervise the production of online marketing materials including advertisements and websites.
- Projects included high-ROI direct response online media campaigns and unique results-focused marketing projects.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Current Board Member & Past President: DFW Search Engine Marketing Association
- Speaker & Lecturer: Various conferences and trade show events
- Improvisational Comedy/Storytelling: Dallas Comedy House, The Comedy Arena (McKinney) & other venues around the DFW area